Our bedroom was in desperate need of some decor but I just couldn’t find any pieces that really jumped out at me.
I love our room and I knew I wanted to hang things on the walls that meant something to us…but everything I found was either ridiculously expensive or just not quite the right fit.
I thought maybe I could make something myself and then realized that I could have Grey help me!
My original thought was to just have him finger paint on some canvases but about a day before I started this project I thought of actually writing out a word!
What You’ll Need:
– Blank Canvases
– Duct Tape or stickers
– Baby Wipes
– A baby 😉
If you live in an area that doesn’t have 80 degree winters you might want to do this inside. And if you do this inside you’ll definitely want some sort of sheet or tarp to protect your floors. Grey didn’t move while we were painting but you just never know when they are going to take off crawling! I bought my canvases at Hobby Lobby and it was cheaper to buy four small ones so that’s why I did that instead of one big one. I used washable tempera paint and it washed right off of Grey in the bathtub.
1. I started out by taping my letters onto the canvases. I decided to leave the letters boxy because A) I’m lazy and B) I thought it kind of looked cool but you could make them more round or use actual stickers if you want.
2. Next, I poured the paint into two solo cups. I used black and silver because those are the colors I have in my room but obviously you can use whatever colors you want.
3. I stuck Grey’s hands in the black paint and held the canvas up expecting him to just go crazy and start finger painting but to my surprise he just sat there and stared at his hands. So…I had to manually move his hands around the canvas. I did all of the black first and then I cleaned his hands off and went back over the canvas with the silver paint.
4. Once you are happy with how it looks, set them out over night. I left ours outside but like I said, it was around 80 degrees when we did this. They were completely dry and ready to hang by morning!
5. Get that baby into the bathtub! Like I mentioned, the paint washed right off but I stuck him in the tub immediately after.
Send me pictures if you try this!!