I’m so glad Kane started calling you Pretty Lady…because it fits you so well.
In honor of your 50th birthday, here are 50 reasons why I love you!
1. Your love for me is unconditional.
2. You sing…even when I don’t want you to.
3. You are so accepting of others.
4. You never hesitate to let me borrow your things.
(I miss sharing our clothes)
5. You always answer your phone.
6. You opened your heart to thousands of students while still having enough love for your own children.
7. You make the best homemade mac n cheese.
8. You love my husband like a son.
(And he loves you like a Mom)
9. Your laugh is contagious.
10. You respect me.
11. You have documented my life so beautifully in all of your scrapbooks.
12. You dance as often as you can.
13. You always put your husband and children first.
14. You let me learn from my own mistakes.
(Even when I had my first hangover…you just quietly brought me toast and gatorade…and let the alcohol do the punishing)
15. You have helped mend my heart when it has been broken.
16. You can’t sit through a movie.
17. You love animals.
18. You are your own person.
19. You are a terrible driver.
(and I love this because you are in denial and that makes me laugh)
20. You always have to be doing something…keeping all of us busy.
21. You have transitioned from being my Mom to my best friend so perfectly.
22. You are very forgiving.
23. You’ve let me cry on your shoulder…and you’ve let yourself cry on mine.
24. I can always count on you for a trip to Starbucks.
25. You have supported all of my decisions…even when you know they might not be the best.
26. You make me want to be a better person.
27. You are so good at going with the flow.
(I mean seven moves in seven years…?)
28. You never judge me.
29. You are pretty fun to drink a bottle of wine with.
30. You have set the best example of what a good wife is.
31. You are always honest with me.
32. We feel the same way about small talk.
33. You’re not afraid to give the middle finger when it needs to be given.
34. You always defend your kids.
35. You are the world’s best Gigi.
36. You send the best snapchats.
37. You know how to have fun.
38. You are so good to all of your friends.
39. You are so good to all of my friends.
40. You can rock a bikini better than most 20 year olds.
41. You never give up on anything.
42. Your house is always clean, the laundry is always done and there is always food on the table.
43. You are always there when I need you.
44. You are beautiful.
(Seriously, I hope I look like you when I’m 50!)
45. You always showed up to our games and activities on time.
46. You put your all into everything you decide to do.
47. Despite having a full-time job, you were always there for your family.
48. You put up with my father.
49. You are a creature of habit…just like me.
50. You are my best friend and I couldn’t have asked for a better mother.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!
I love you more than you know and I hope you have an amazing day!
I interviewed my Mom last year for her birthday. You can read that here.