Such a fun word to say.
And will forever remind me of the movie, Morning Glory.
You know, that one with Rachel McAdams and Harrison Ford.
If you’ve seen it…I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.
I am digging into my Mom and Dad’s arsenal for this recipe.
This has been a staple breakfast around their house for the past few years and I finally asked for the recipe so I could make it in my own home!
It’s very similar to the quiche recipe that I posted a while back…except it doesn’t have the crust.
(Which is perfect if you are cutting back your carb intake…which I’m not considering I am currently growing a human!)
The options are really endless for the ingredients but the main ones you definitely need are:
– 6 eggs
– 6 egg whites
– 1/4 cup skim milk
And then you can decide what else to throw in:
– Any type of breakfast meat you want
(Bacon, sausage, ham, etc)
– Any type of veggies you want
(Peppers, onions, potatoes, etc)
– Any type of cheese you want
*For the frittata pictured, I just added in shredded cheese and sausage.*
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a bake safe frying pan (I used a cast iron), add your veggies and meat. Cook until brown and strain off any fat. If you aren’t going to use some sort of greasy meat, make sure to add some olive oil.
2. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, egg whites and milk.
3. Add the egg mixture to the pan, stir and let sit over low heat until eggs have set up. (This usually takes about 10 minutes and should be a jello like consistency).
4. Add shredded cheese on top.
5. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
*The frittata is done when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.*
Let me know if you try this recipe out!