I have a really exciting recipe to post today! It’s one that I found off of Pinterest and it turned out so good! It originally came from here, but I made a few adjustments.
What You’ll Need:
– 3 oz lean breakfast sausage
– 6 oz lean ground turkey
– 1 small onion
– 1/2 red bell pepper
– 1/2 green bell pepper
– sprinkle of garlic powder
– 2 handfuls of baby spinach
– 4 slices whole wheat bread (next time I am using Ezekiel)
– 4 egg whites
– 1 whole egg
– 2/3 cup skim milk
– 1/2 tsp ground mustard
– 1/2 tsp salt
– sprinkle of black pepper
– a couple handfuls of shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
How You Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start browning the sausage and the turkey burger.
- While that is cooking, whisk together all of the eggs, the skim milk, ground mustard, salt and black pepper.
- Once the sausage and turkey burger are cooked thoroughly, add in the onion, peppers and garlic powder.
- While this is cooking, cut the bread into cubes and layer the bottom of the pan. (Spray it first)
- After the onion and peppers are cooked, add the spinach and cook for just a few seconds until it wilts.
- Put a layer of the meat and veggie mix down, followed by a layer of the egg mix and a layer of cheese. Continue this until all of it is used.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes or until completely cooked.
- That’s it!!