Since it is August 2nd…I thought today would be the perfect day for me to post my August goals! I think writing these here is a good way for me to get motivated and to check back to see how I’m doing!
1. Do 3 things out of my comfort zone. I am definitely someone who never pushes myself out of my comfort zone and I really want to work on that this month. This could be anything from trying a new lift at the gym or doing some sort of outdoor activity I’ve never done before. I think we grow a lot by doing something we aren’t used to or something that makes us uncomfortable. One quote I love is, “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone” or as Jillian Michaels always says, “Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!”
2. Finish the 2 books I am currently reading and start 2 more. I have found that I really enjoy reading two books at once. The key to this is reading two completely different books. For instance, I will read an inspirational or motivational book while I’m reading a fiction one.
3. Write and mail all of our thank you cards. I don’t even want to begin thinking of how many thank you cards we have to write! That is a good thing though because that just means we have amazing friends and family! Thankfully, my husband has offered to help write them so hopefully we can get them done in one month!
4. Let go a little. By this, I mean not having to be in control of every little thing. I am somewhat of a control freak and I get anxious if something doesn’t go as planned. I need to let go and trust that the people in my life (my husband) can get things done too!
5. Go on a short weekend trip or a drive with Kane and our dogs. We literally live three hours away from West Yellowstone…but we never go there! People come from all over to see places that are practically in our backyard! Lately I have been wanting to explore our state a little more…even if it’s just a long drive on a weekend day.
6. Stick to our diet and workout program. We recently found a new program to follow that we started on Tuesday. We both really want to try our best on this one and see what kind of results we get! I think one of the best ways we can stick to it is by motivating each other. On Tuesday, Kane had a hard time getting back into the diet but I was there to encourage him. Then just yesterday, I was having some serious cravings! After a long day at work all I wanted was chocolate! (I definitely believe you should listen to your body and give it what it wants most of the time…but let’s be honest, I didn’t need any chocolate last night!) If it wasn’t for Kane motivating me, I probably would’ve gone out and indulged. So thanks babe for staying strong for me! 🙂 It’s all about teamwork in a marriage…no matter what you’re doing.
7. Finish 2 DIY projects. I already have a couple in mind…thanks to Pinterest!!
8. Try four new recipes. We always get so bored with our food! We will try a new recipe and like it…but then we’ll just fall back into our usual pattern of eating the same things every night. This month, it is my goal to try four new recipes to keep our meals exciting! Kane already started this off by making almond crusted pork last night! It was really good! 🙂
9. Unpack our garage! This is probably the most daunting thing we have to do! (Obviously…since it still isn’t unpacked and we moved in March!!) I am pretty sure most of it is stuff we should just give away…we just need to get started.
10. Enjoy the heat while it’s here! We are coming up on our last warm months already! I spend the majority of my time indoors but this month I want to change that! I know I’ll be thankful I did once it starts snowing!
Those are my goals! Let’s see how well I stick to them! 🙂
What are your goals for August?