I can’t believe it is already June 3rd!!! I feel like it was just May 1st the other day. This summer (I hesitate to say summer because we got a foot of snow last weekend) is really flying by! This is going to be
one of THE BEST summer of my life! I just have a great feeling about it. So with that said, I am going to list my goals for the month so that I can come back to this and remind myself of what I want to accomplish!
- Continue with my diet & exercise routine so that I can feel and look my best on my wedding day. This is probably going to be the biggest day of my life and I don’t want to look back on pictures and think “oh you shouldn’t have skipped those gym sessions or you shouldn’t have had those big fatty meals…” I really want to enjoy myself without worrying about my appearance! 27 more days!
- Relax and enjoy myself during the week of the wedding. Up until this point I have been pretty calm about everything. I’ve only had 3 breakdowns during our entire engagement which has been over a year long. So I think that’s pretty good!! I really want to focus on enjoying my wedding and the events leading up to it. I have to keep reminding myself that if little things aren’t exactly how I want them, it will all be okay and work out in the end. I’ve got a great support system and tons of amazing helpers so I know it’s going to be the best week of my life!!
- Drink enough water during the day. This is always a goal for me. It is so easy to forget to drink water during the day, especially while I’m at work. Water is SO important and I need to remember to get at least a half gallon in every day.
- Finish reading The Magic. I started this book a while ago and got to day 11 before I stopped. I started my new job and things got really hectic so the book got put on the back burner. I started it over a couple days ago and I’m really glad I did. It’s such a good book and makes you really put things into perspective. For those who don’t know, it is a book about having gratitude in your life and it has you do a 28 day challenge. I highly recommend it!
- No drinking diet sodas or sugar free redbulls. I wrote about this a couple of days ago and so far I’ve done pretty good!! I’m really trying to drink water or tea when I’m thirsty. I’ve had a couple of sips of Kane’s drinks but for the most part I’m doing A LOT better than I was!
- Organize the house, room by room. I have already organized the kitchen which is probably the hardest room I’ll have to do. I feel so much better now that everything is in the right spots and clean! I want to go through each room and really organize them too.
- Apply for school. Now that we have moved, the closest university to me is an hour away. I commuted for a couple of months last semester and it was really hard. Now that I’m working full time, I won’t be able to commute. So I need to apply to an online school. I only have 2 years left (I’ve taken some time off) so I’m going to finish my degree online. With everything that has been going on, I haven’t had the time to sit down and fill out applications. I need to do that this month!
- Enjoy my quality time with Kane. The week of the wedding is going to be so crazy and I know Kane and I won’t be seeing each other as much as we normally do. We’ll have people to entertain, things to get done, our bachelor and bachelorette parties and of course we won’t even see each other the night before the wedding. So I want to make it a point to really enjoy the weeks leading up to the wedding with him. We probably won’t have time to relax until we are on our honeymoon!!